Date: 13th – 14th October 2021
Time: 09:00 – 18:00 GMT
Location: Virtually via Zoom
FoodChain ID’s Advanced Food Labelling Compliance (Nutritional Tables, Marketing Claims & Marketing Law) course covers the critical aspects of food labelling, as well as commercial labelling concerns and allergen awareness. During the course you will discover what your product label should include and to be able to clearly communicate this to a commercially driven market.
The course is packed full of essential food labelling content, including the following topics:
- Introduction to labelling regulations
- Labelling regulations explained- including – European Commission Directives
- Nutritional tables & nutritional table calculations
- Quantitative ingredient declarations (QUID)
- The Law- trademarks, governing bodies and food industry enforcement examples.
- Energy values, for labels, websites & marketing material
- Food labelling in detail- presentation of information including fonts, colours and size restrictions.
- What is Clean Label and how can it help to increase my brand equity?
- Claims and ingredients- specific requirements on allowed levels of ingredients, nutrients, allergens and energy values
- Substantiating marketing, health and free-from claims to be valid and legal.
- Preventing unwanted allergens- risk assessment tools & allergen process controls.
What you will gain:
It’s easy to get lost in compliance requirements within the food industry. Our course helps to break down these requirements with expert guidance from our experienced tutor.
FoodChain ID’s course provides delegates with an insight into what claims they may be able to make in order to increase their brand’s equity. Delegates should have an increased confidence in complying to marketing laws when creating and designing product labels, as well as identifying the tools to increase their knowledge in controlling and preventing allergen contamination, and making free-from claims. Delegates will also be made aware of the governing bodies and key legislation in food labelling, along with key aspects of compliance to legislation on pack, including QUID, energy values and nutritional tables.
Who should attend:
Our Advanced Food Labelling training course is beneficial to many within the food industry, however we especially recommend the course to Senior Technical/ Quality Managers as well as Business & Brand Owners, Product Managers, NPD Managers, Propositions Managers and those involved in Marketing and Product/Packaging design or development. This course would also be beneficial to those involved in food safety/ allergen segregation processes.
Breakdown of the days:
- Our Advanced Food Labelling training course is a two day course.
- The course runs from 09:00am – 17:00pm on each of the two days.
- FoodChain ID Advanced Food Labelling Compliance Course Pack
- Regular breaks are provided.