Date: 20th November 2023
Time: 09:00 – 15:00 GMT
Location: Virtually via Zoom
This training course has been designed for new or existing Gluten-Free Certification Program customers to help gain an appreciation of celiac disease and non-celiac gluten sensitivity, understand the Gluten-Free Certification Program Global Standard requirements and to provide guidance on implementing a preventative, risk-based Gluten-Free Management System. This training will also explain the process that a business will need to follow in order to become a certified Gluten-Free site.
Key Learning Objectives:
- Identify the impact that celiac disease has on individuals and demonstrate an understanding of why the food industry is required to manage gluten
- Explain the concept of cross contact and the potential for cross contact in a food production process
- Outline key legal requirements relating to gluten-free labelling
- Identify different gluten controls that must be implemented as part of a gluten-free management system
- Outline the importance of prerequisite programs in safeguarding a gluten-free site
- Describe the process for obtaining certification to the Gluten-free Certification Program Global Standard
- Understand the protocol for audits to the Standard
Who should attend:
Senior managers, quality managers, technical managers, production and operations managers of sites who have implemented, or plan to implement, Global Standard for the Gluten-Free Certification Program Issue 3.
Breakdown of the day:
- The BRCGS Gluten Free Certification Program – Industry Training course is a 1/2 day course
- Regular breaks are provided
Industry training for Companies 25 question exam; Pass mark 60%.